Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Random question about Kit dolls

  1. #1
    Inactive Member DScully717's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2006
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I just got Kit's Birthday outfit today and was putting her in it when for some reason I was thinking about how sad it was that there were no PM Kits, since the older dolls are so much more soft and squishy (IMO). Well, I squeezed her leg and was surprised to find that it WAS squeezable!

    Thinking I was insane, I also tried it on her arm. Yup, worked there, too. Then, just to prove to myself I wasn't crazy, I tried doing that to Elizabeth and she definitely has rock-hard vinyl. Is it possible that some Kits did get PM bodies but not heads, or do you think mine is a fake (ie-her body got switched or something!?) I did get her off Ebay and she looks normal (black eyelashes and deep blue eyes), but I was just under the impression that Josefina was the last doll to have that feature of a plumper body and squeezable vinyl. The number on the back of her neck is 75H9. Any Kit owners have any thoughts??

  2. #2
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    My Kit also has squeezable vinyl. I think that the first Kit's were more huggable and squishier. I could be wrong but I hope I'm right and that my Lindsey I bought on ebay has the softer vinyl also.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member DScully717's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2006
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sure hope so, too! I dearly love my Kit and I'd hate to think that she might be a fake! [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] Here is a pic of her in her new Birthday outfit:

    <center>
    DSCN0398


  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Your Kit looks as real as real could be. She is gorgeous!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Your Kit is lovely. My older Kit (200-2001?)has softer vinyl, my newer Kit (2005) feels like concrete: http://agplaythings.proboards105.com...ead=1146090437

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kitswift22007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 27th, 2006
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aww! Your Kit is so cute!
    My Kit doll (Christmas 2001) has squeezable vinyl too. Maybe Kit was released before the doll structure was changed??

  7. #7
    Inactive Member DScully717's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2006
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, hopefully that's what I'm thinking, too, is that maybe the body style just changed soon after Kit was introduced. American Girl has been through so many changes!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    thepidget
    Guest thepidget's Avatar

    Post

    Your Kit is lovely, and she doesn't look like a fake to me! How nice that she has soft limbs, though. As much as I love my Molly, sometimes I wish her limbs were softer instead of rock-hard. But it's okay...she's great anyway. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member etoileangevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2005
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Arrgh, now you guys make me want to go squeez all my girls, lol.

    Okay, the PM doll is definitly softer. My Kit is hard, but she's from last year. The funny thing is that my Jess's limbs are softer than Kit's.

    Katherine

  10. #10
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, I have a first edition Kit and she is much more squeezeable than my new AG dolls- Kaya, Emma, and Jess are rock solid.

    I love the old version of squishiness to the vinyl- so huggable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •